DAILY RANDOM SITES
.COM

Says....

Bookmark This Blog!!!
Click CTRL D

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Drug-sniffing dog got overdosed!

Basko took a bite out of crime -- but it cost him his life.

The 5-year-old drug-sniffing German shepherd died Friday after he bit into a bag of cocaine during an annual certification search in Riverside County, according to Sgt. Jim Banach with the Redondo Beach Police Department.

Basko had successfully completed the search and was in his partner's car for the ride home when he had a seizure. The partner, Officer Ken Greenleaf, rushed Basko to a nearby animal clinic, where the dog died before he could be treated, Banach said.

|